Saturday, January 06, 2007

The edge of reason

Have you ever been on the edge
of being alive or dead...
wanting to cross over,
to the other side,
just to know what could lie ahead?

What was it that stopped you then?
The fear of knowing a fate irrevocable;
or a lack of courage...
that was greater
than the want so desirable.

Or was it a voice that called out to you?
That actually said nothing but you heard it somehow...
...a reassurance to your existence...
And maybe you stopped, only to turn to look at that noise
which seemed more exciting perhaps,
than to bear death's silence?

(C) lovemarks, 2007.

6 comments:

* said...

that's a very nice poem,like honesty and straightness in it - and this 'lack of courage' moment reminds me of John Cale "If I wasn't such a coward I would run"

Wanderer said...

* Antonia: welcome to my site! And glad you liked... :)

P said...

Brilliant! Its a fascinating poem, quite dark but doesn't leave me sad, disturbed or anything along those lines! Nice!

-- mayari -- said...

thought-provoking.

i think what pushes me back is that absence of reason. when you find no logical answer to go back or to push through with it.

Wanderer said...

* perspective: thank you thank you!!! :)

* mayari: true...most decisions are always made by the heart and not the mind... glad you liked! :)

Menagerie said...

Amazing! I wrote something, at least a line witht he similar idea on my blog last month...and this so strikes a chord!

Back after a while babe, good to see you have been up and blogging :)