Thursday, August 09, 2007

Rediscovering me.

One should never sort out or clean the cupboard that one has not touched for some time now- especially if one's not prepared for what lies ahead... A busy day saw me clearing my old study table, since was transferring stuff from the old house to the new. And of course, since it was to be done asap, and I had no time really, I was thinking of just dumping the stuff in my bag.

Just then I chanced by old photographs. And couldn't help myself after that.

Thoughts tumbled out, memories peeked and laughed, faces smiled at me, time just stood still. Sat and smiled through some, felt saddened by others and many brought a misty look and few a wistful moment. Realised how many people have come in and walked out of my present life. And with 'present life' I mean the moment I am in. Old schools friends...I wonder where they are...junior college groups...why did the madness disappear? Architecture college group- boy, am I glad I still have them and their mad, sweet selves still as much a part of my present as my past. Work place colleagues... crazy times with crazier people those! Was seeing myself with my family...gosh how I've changed from that bubbly, carefree child to being a responsible, more 'wiser' person that I've become... all those birthday parties and cakes and fun times... some of the best parts of my life.

What was to be a ten minute activity, took an hour to say the least. With the photos came out old letters and cards, some notes, few postcards...things that I had collected and other stuff that I had been given and cherished... so much love and warmth! I rediscovered myself. And quite liked who I am. :)

We don't realise how lucky we are or have been unless we take a step backwards and really look at what we had and have. I am thankful for all those moments and the people who made those times special! And to you too, who've been on my journey of blogging and sharing my nonsense and some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, happened with me, too. So, I hunted out my old school classmates, collegemates, made online groups, started keeping in touch.
And I actually met so many of my old school friends after 25 years. Everyone just loved it.
Feels just wonderful to get to meet all those old friends.
Plus, with the internet, now one can never be out of touch with anyone who has internet presence.
- Pankaj