Monday, July 10, 2006

Oh blimey!

People who want to contact loved ones in Mumbai, please do so through this blog
http://mumbaihelp.blogspot.com/
*****************************************************************
I had said that 9th was a day of horrors... but will rephrase that for today-the 11th!
What has happened to my Mumbai!!!!??? :(
I hope all you blogger friends in Mumbai are ok! Leave a comment so I'll know.
For people trying home, please note all communications have been jammed.
For more news on the situation...http://www.ndtv.com/breakingnews/default.asp?refno=711200685054PM
***************************************************************
:(((((((((((
Yesterday was a time filled with horrors.
- Mumbai's citizens lost their mind and overrated the value of 'some mud'.
- This infectious disease spread and cast a dark shadow on the entire state as everything was shut down.

- Zizou (Zinedine Zidane) was shown a red card. What a sad way to exit for one of the greatest players of all times! :(
- France lost! (my
post on the first day of the World Cup had foretold that France will definitely have a chance- inspite of all rooting for Brazil and Germany as the likely contenders. I was not too far from the truth- Damn! I should've been betting or better still, been a bookie!)
- I spent a sleepless night drowned by my own sorrows of this loss and the noisy clatter of the neighbour rooting for Italy... grrr!!!

Well today's a new bright day, there seems some semblance of sanity returning and routines being caught up with...also a glorious full moon night... and some friends' birthdays too... one of them being
Harjee! So I guess it should be a happy day! :)

Have a great week peepulz!

ps; yes, my earlier post is pending. Will put it up soon... am trying to hunt for pics.
pps: yes, it was a good day- Zizou won the Golden Ball Award as the best player in the World Cup! :D

9 comments:

Grey Shades said...

hey cute blog! Made me smile! :)

Rose said...

Wats happening to my Mumbai too..

:(((

± said...

An Algerian, masquerading as a Frenchman, giving head to an Italian and getting a golden ball for it.
And that made your day?


Doesn’t take a lot to please you does it ;-) ?

Wanderer said...

* Grey: Thanks! Glad to have made your moment!:)

* Rose: ... :( ... We'll get over it as we always do.

* Harjee: It's the man, not his country that matters to me. Zidane is arguably one of the best players ever...no matter what is said, this can't be taken away from him.
And yes, doesn't take too much to please me... am a person who believes that small things make up the big equation. :)
ps: like your idea of sending me a chocolate birthday cake!:)))

White Magpie said...

Yo Azzuri :)

Menagerie said...

It's been depressing! Have been feeling down since the whole Mumbai thing! Damn, I miss Mumbai!

Blue Athena said...

Yes, whatever happened to the city? About time we stopped abusing our patience and retaliated.

Saher said...

Sad episode faced by all the mumbaikar's...but i'm sure the mumbaikar spirit can never be destroyed or even touched by any means...

sorry, wasn't able to reply to your question earlier, i'm here only, just a little occupied with work and some things that needed my immedate attention... have updated my blog, let me know how you found my new piece...

Smiles!
Saher

Wanderer said...

* Blue, Saher: Hear! Hear!!!:)