Monday, August 21, 2006

KKK...

Not much of a tv serial watcher, but must say that Ekta Kapoor's optimism in the human race is tremendous. Take for example, Kabhi Saas Bhi Bahu Thi... There are actually 6 generations of one family under one roof... and going with the average age of the youngest being around 18 or so, I guess the oldest should be well above 120! And none of them need botox, tucks or lifts, anti-wrinkle creams or anti-ageing lotions! Now is that not a great achievement of humanity???!
I think, with the kind of TRP ratings this serial gets, everybody watching it is entitled to demand for this secret of the elixir of life from Ekta, so that they too can be young forever! Though there is one condition here that I see Ms.Kapoor putting to all people- that of staying in a joint family and to be filthy rich- because that is the only way the masala of life will get pisaoed well! Mmmm...I can actually smell the flavour of life coming through!
***********************************************************************************************
The other K-man.
Saw Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna over the weekend. I must say, I was warned about how crappy it is and that I should not waste my money. But since I normally like to experience for myself, I took the plunge! And came out wet, of course, but not because it was a damp squib, but because I could not stop myself from crying.
The movie is real enough and has a mature concept. Love can come knocking at any given point, it's upto us to choose what our priorities should be. And also indicative of how the values of marriage have changed today, making us wonder if there is anything like a forever marriage.
The characters were well played, and I really liked Amitabh's character and his performance in this movie! And Aby's baby rocks too! All in all, it was fun, although a bit too long. And I happened to watch it at Infinity Mall in Mumbai, with seats that are like lounge chaises- large and comfortable enough to be able to sit cross-legged or sleep in it. That's the changing face of movies and theatre halls for you.
Ok and since I have been getting comments from people assuming I liked the movie because I wrote few good things about it, let me follow up with the negatives:
- Too long! Loads of scenes were not needed at all.
- That black beast meeting was really idiotic- KJ should not attempt comedy.
- I don't see the reason why Rani married Abhishek in the first place-marry for the sake of marriage and not for anything else. And friendship/pity/kids should be the last thing.
- And what is the problem between them that she had to turn towards Shahrukh- now a frustrated, mean guy, with no spine to boot?
- How come that kid looked so happy after his parents divorced???
- Abhi pyaar hua, ikraar hua- phir bhichad bhi gaye- to jaane do na. Why tell the spouses!???
Funny though it may sound, I still don't know if I liked the movie or no....
***********************************************************************************************
Wrote some lines on my way to Bombay...they sort of sum up what I was thinking then, but are still incomplete. Anyway, here goes.
Bikhre bikhre pal yehan,
Kahan unhe dhoondoo?
Yeh na ho ke unke khoj mein
Kuch aur mera kho baithoo...
Tarassha hai jise kabhi mahfuuz hoke,
Yeh vakt ke churaye hue lamhe
Kya ik baar phir unse mil sakoo?

11 comments:

Neo said...

so u liked KANK....thts interesting....

Wanderer said...

* neo: To be honest, as the last line of my post said, I'm not sure yet. There were somethings I really liked and some I quite disliked to a large extent. But I was touched/affected by the movie,yes.

Ekta said...

hahah!
nice post..well i am amazed at Ekta kapoors optimism on humna life..I mean do people ever grow old and die? They seem to forever be getting a new lease life! And of course...there is no limit to the amount of "kahani main twist" that we see in this serial...every individuals life cld be a best seller!

Wanderer said...

*ekta: Yipes! When I first saw your name on the screen, I thought Ms.Kapoor is out to get me!!! ;) (lol!)
Talk of new lease of life...the grand doyen of this serial (the 120 year old woman)app collapsed last episode or so...and before you say finally...she 'miraculously' made a fast recovery because of 'love'- of the family! Oooooof!!!!

Anand said...

Oh god!!
How I detest these ekta kapoor serials..dont understand how people can get hooked onto them when there is absolutely no sense in any of them!!
I want to ban ekta kapoor for screwing up the Indian TV scene!

Anonymous said...

So you are okay with a girl dumping a sexy, charming successful husband for a cynical, crabby, wastrel loser? gives me hope!

shikha said...

Hi there..how are you dng?

Menagerie said...

Nice! I actually thought KANK was not bad, thoda boring, but not bad! Liked your Hindi lines..:)

Wanderer said...

* Anand- I so agree! But then you'll have most of the women in India gunning for you... he he.

* Anil: Ahem!!! I edited the post!:P

* Shikha: Heya!!! Shifted???

* Menagerie: I liked it too, but didn't quite like some parts. All in all, I got managed to be 'moved'.
And danke for liking the lil bit of Hindi I do manage... :)

White Magpie said...

Kya ik baar phir unse mil sakoo? - haan..phir Mumbai aa jao...

Wanderer said...

* White: Ji huzoor!:)