Saturday, February 25, 2006

Baawra man dekhne chala ek sapna...

mohabbat mein nahin hai farq jeene aur marne kaa
usee ko dekh kar jeete hain jis kaafir pe dum nikle
Hazaaron Khwahishen aisi ke har khwahish pe dum nikle
bahut nikle mere armaan lekin phir bhi kam nikle

loosely translated....
In love, there is no difference between being alive and dead
I live by the sight of the very same who takes my living breath away
A thousand desires such as these,that each wish takes my life
No matter how many desires stemmed forth, they were still not enough....


well, I just finally managed seeing one of the most-talked about movie of last year(Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi- for the un-informed) Well, I guess many people have already voiced their opinion about this movie- it does manage to get under the skin and slowly grow so much within that you cant shake it off, no matter how hard you try ... right now I'm rivetted by this song and especially this verse... it so well sums up the agony of love and the crux of the movie....simple,beautiful,poignant and timeless!

Ah love! What are you, I sometimes wonder... you come in without notice, change me completely, play games with me....and yet I can't live with or without you.... could I hate you? But I guess its because you are not there that I have no option but to hate....

Neil Gaiman, the author of 'The Sandman' had this to say about love..."Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

As someone very dear to me mentioned this once... " The more you persist, the more it will resist. And the more you resist, the more it will persist." ... What never got said that one day neither you can resist or persist anymore- you simply die...by living a thousand deaths such as these.

1 comment:

N. said...

Yeah... this verse indeed sums up the crux of the movie from Shiny Ahuja's character's point of view.

The song 'Baawra mann dekhne...' is even more addictive.