Monday, February 20, 2006

THE RUBAIYAT OF D!


pic courtesy explodingdog.com Posted by Picasa
" so many things to say, so few who'll hear them"
A quiche of a popular saying and my thoughts to sort of sum up the reason of this blog. And when I was asked what took me so long to begin one (sort of expected out of me big mouth, huh? hehe), I actually was....'yea!!!!! what the hell took me so long? When I can vomit all I want to at one place, why then stick only to sending nonsensical parodies to so many people by mail.
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen."... John F Kennedy.
Well it did and so here 'we' start - together on an exciting journey of words ...
Why lovemarks? I'll explain with a quote from George Bernard Shaw. "Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will." And of course the byline of my blog title says it all.
So welcome all ye! to the soundbox of my innerness (if there is a word like that) and thanks!
ps: A Rubaiyat is a common shorthand name for the collection of Persian verses known more formally as the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. In fact, rubaiyat (a plural word derived from the Arabic root meaning 'four') means "quatrains" in the Persian language.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey D ....Kool Stuff huh..
Babez keep ur Rubaiyat alivee....
---Ash

Anonymous said...

Yo D,

Cool real cool....Thanks for sharing..

love malavika

Wanderer said...

Ash: Shukran!!! :)
Malavika: cheers and keep reading! :D