Thursday, March 09, 2006

Rain, feel it on my finger tips...Hear it on my window pane...Rain, wash away my sorrow...Take away my pain...Your love's coming down like rain

what is that thing in the air
that makes pavements smell fresh and sweet
when they’re wet?
I drank it in this morning
through my nose and my skin and my soul
while the moisture-drenched breeze
blew affectionately through my hair
and tangled my mind

into little wispy cobwebs of nostalgia

Halleluahhhhhhhhhhh..............its raining!!!!!!!....................no, not men! :(
Its raining in Mumbai, Pune and some parts of Maharashtra! The wild breeze ruffling my hair, smell of wet mud and more really drives me crazy (I know, I am and I know that you know I am, and I also know I know that you know that I know I am...crazy...hehe) ... I have been getting that 'rainy' feeling since so long and knowing my senses never fail, I'm amazed it took so long to rain...
The rain always takes me back to moments of immense love and heart-wrenching pain too...also really terrible fights and madness, magic and fun ... it stirs in me so many emotions that are hard to explain...I so love the rain!
But yes, the downside is that this unnatural kinky urge of mother nature to go all wet has affected all the crops and so the farmers are going to have a tough time this year!
Me thinks that we are only to blame! We play with nature and she plays right back with us, and how!

and this is not connected... but a good oil massage does wonders to the senses! sighhhhh....
These are the seasons of emotion
and like the winds they rise and fall
This is the mystery of the quotient -
Upon us all a little rain must fall. ...................................... Led Zeppelin

2 comments:

Menagerie said...

Hey, It's been raining non stop since yesterday here in Indianapolis too. For some reason don't feel the joy that the Mumbai rains brought forwards, the musty smell is no longer there. On the upside, no traffic jams and really clean roads !

Rains remind me of hot bhuttas, masala chai and pakoras :)

Wanderer said...

...those too ... and some hot chocolate, a good book, great music and a warm 'razai'... :)