Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Mad as a March Hare! ;)


Its March!!!!!!!!
And so is Spring... as will come the Equinox(Mar 21)...also the Solar Eclipse (Mar 29)...Holi (Mar 15)....Ides of March (15th)... International Earth Day (Mar 20)...World Forestry Day(Mar 21)....World Water Day(Mar 22)....World Meteorology Day(Mar 23)....International Literacy Day (Mar 3)....International Women’s Day(Mar 8).... Commonwealth Day(Mar -2nd Mon)... World Disabled Day(Mar 15 )... International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination(Mar 21) .... World TB Day (Mar 24) ....and of course the last day to pay taxes (at least in India)- Mar 31................... PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This month is surely heavy-'duty', to say the least!

And if you are wondering what the pics are all about.... got up in the morning and had a glimpse of these pretty pink flowers basking in the sunlight...and they seemed so happy! The bird is native to India and is called the 'Bharadwaj' ... its apparantly considered lucky to spot one...( maybe they used to be rare to see once upon a time with the thick foliage that was there)... I see them (yes there are 3!!!) everyday....how lucky does that make me??!!! .... curioser and curioser... hehe.

March Hare: Have some wine. (Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.)
Alice: I don't see any wine.
March Hare: There isn't any.
Alice: Then it wasn't very civil of you to offer it.
March Hare: It wasn't very civil of you to sit down without being invited.
**********************************
March Hare: …Then you should say what you mean.
Alice: I do; at least - at least I mean what I say -- that's the same thing, you know.
Mad Hatter: Not the same thing a bit! Why, you might just as well say that, 'I see what I eat' is the same as 'I eat what I see'!
March Hare: You might just as well say, that "I like what I get" is the same thing as "I get what I like"!
The Dormouse: You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!
*********************************************
Mad Hatter: Would you like a little more tea?
Alice: Well, I haven't had any yet, so I can't very well take more.
March Hare: Ah, you mean you can't very well take less.
Mad Hatter: Yes. You can always take more than nothing.
*****************************************
Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.
The Chesire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. We are all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
Alice: How do you know I'm mad?
The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.
Alice: And how do you know that you're mad?
The Cat: To begin with, a dog's not mad. You grant that?
Alice: I suppose so.
The Cat: Well, then, you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad.

ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY:1st March 1896, Henri Becquerel discovered radioactivity by accident. He left a photographic plate in a desk drawer and found it had fogged with the image of uranium crystals that were alongside it. In 1954, The US detonated a hydrogen bomb 1,000 times more powerful than the Hiroshima explosion. The test site on the Pacific archipelago of Bikini was subsequently used for 23 atomic and hydrogen bombs tests over 12 years, leaving it highly contaminated by radioactivity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee it is March - and it felt like Spring today!!! Cannot wait to get out in the garden to plant some flowers..We are seeing a few birds out too...the other day a little bunny rabbit paid us a visit...

Have fun!

malavika

Wanderer said...

sounds good!!! :)