Thursday, May 04, 2006

00:00

Got this message from a friend : 'On May 4, 2006 at 2mins and 3 seconds past 1am, the time and date will read as 01:02:03:04/05/06. An event that will not happen again.'
Got me thinking on the power of 'suggestion of magic'... and how everyone is searching high and low for the universe to make their wishes come true. And yes, I am a big believer in making wishes to the sun, moon and stars and all those yonder constellations and every day/night I keep asking them 'mera number kab aayega!?'

Well speaking of numbers and magic and signs from the universe... I have noticed many things happening around me that have sort of made my beliefs stronger... Like for instance, I was really upset because I had not heard from a friend for real long... and for weeks.... all the communication would be one-sided- mine. Then one day, out of desperation, I literally begged the world above my head to grant me a break and show a sign that he cares... a mail, letter, sms, call...anything. And within ten mins I got a call from him! This by the way has happened too many times for me to say it is coincidental.

That apart, there have been times when there have been major changes in my life and too many lows as compared to the highs...and every time things started getting balanced out, I would always land up seeing the same numbers on my watch... 12:12 or 10:10 or 00:00.. and when things would get slightly better the times I used to look at the watch invariably were the times when the watch would read 12:13 or 10:11 or 00:01 (one ahead)... At first I thought these were too uncanny and part of my imagination... but as it kept happening (and still does), I realised these are signs that the universe is sending me...all I need to do is keep my eyes and ears, and most importantly my mind and heart open.

I remember reading the Alchemist and understanding a lot of what was said in that book about signs. A lot of people I know pooh-poohed the book and said its all hogwash and nonsensical jargon that should not be read...but it's not what was written, but what was being conveyed, which was of importance.
There is magic happening all around, with every breath we take... Only we give different names to it....

10 comments:

Rose said...

Hmmm..

I wish i cud believe in that kinda magic..

But i just dont..

I believe that what ever has to happen just happens no matter what, whether u wish for it or not... So i just live life by the moment, taking everything life has to offer (the good and the bad) one at a time...

But yes... it does give one an immense amount of hope and strength in believing the way u do..

:)

So hope many more of ur wishes cum true..

..Me

starry said...

I think we are given signs, it is up to us to recognize them.

Menagerie said...

I love the Alchemist, it's such a fascinating book. By far my favorite line ever, ' When you really want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it'....I hope I see some signs soon too :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Lovemarks,
Me being a math geek, I can't help but comment on this post. It's entirely false that 01:02:03 04/05/06 will not happen again.

Consider the centuries 3006, 4006, ... fill-it-up006. Makes sense?

And also consider the American date format, which immediately doubles the occurences!

So there are infinite such times that will come. That's another story that it won't happen in our lifetime , but who knows? We may come back into this world to witness the next time that event occurs :)

I'm not saying, however, that there's anything wrong in believing in miracle numbers. Indeed, the whole branch of Astrology is resting heavily upon it, right?

By the way, I liked your blog, and will come back regularly. Keep posting!

Gaurav

Anonymous said...

Do you'll also realize that 17:08:14:08/05/06 will also never happen in your lifetime again, nay NEVER EVER happen again. Moments that we choose to brand as significant are only as good as we can make them.

Wanderer said...

*Soul: The Fibonacci series are rhythmic numbers...will post something on that later...keep believing!:)

*Rose: I guess it's more of believing in yourself and what the subconscious is trying to say thru the universe...it's all in the mind! For what you believe in truly, your mind makes it happen. And it's not immediate, so we assume that is destiny, fate- whatever... and we forget we chose it ourselves in the deepest cores of our subconscious long ago.

* Star: True! :)

* Menagerie: Long time no see!:) Love that line from The Alchemist. Yes, I hope you 'recognise' the signs when you see them...

* Gaurav: hey thanks for dropping by and for the insight!:) I've always felt everything is about numbers...not just astrology, but also the bio-physical aspects of nature. Just that my non-mathematical mind does not always understand that... if you have more dope on the subject, please feel free to lemme know. Will be definitely keen on learning more.

*Gaurang: Ah! What is now, but a moment that passed us by...and become our past. :)

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

ever heard of telepathy ?
it sure works.

Wanderer said...

* Ajay: hm....but there's something in the air that makes telepathy between spaces and people to work na... magnetic waves or whatever... yes, it sure does work tho! :)

* Gaurav: Once more replying to ur comment....on astrology and math! :)
"The sum of the square of the two sides of a right-angled triangle is equal to the square of the length of the hypotenuse." There. Unless you're a mathematician, you're probably snoring already. Or perhaps you're back at school, remembering the first time you heard about Pythagoras's theorem. What they didn't tell you then, was that Pythagoras was a celibate, vegetarian visionary who led a cult, dedicated to the mystic meaning of numbers. Triangles, for him, contained 'divine messages'.
For astrologers, they still do! This week, Jupiter, Mars and Uranus divide the zodiac into three perfect equilateral triangles. That's auspicious for anyone who now seeks a formula for success!

Anonymous said...

@Lovemarks
I agree that Pythagoras was a believer in the divine messages of the universe, but mostly in related to geometry and shapes, not numbers. In fact, Pythagoras refused to believe that there are things called irrational numbers, and he always insisted on proving things the geometrical way.

Wanderer said...

"...while the soul slumbers God speaks to us in numbers..."