Friday, May 19, 2006

in the Pink of Floyd-part1.

One of my fave fave bands... and some of their great songs that I like- not just lyrics but also the music and overall 'sound' of it...Am taking one album at a time- starting with Division Bell.
COMING BACK TO LIFE
(my ultimate 'hot chocolate with rain' song. this one's too close to my heart to express...)

Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
Where were you when I was hurt and I was helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun

Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of life and the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight...into the shining sun
KEEP TALKING
(a good one that goes with Universal Realms 2 and 3 in my earlier post)

For millions of years mankind lived just like animals
Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination
We learned to talk

There's a silence surrounding me
I can't seem to think straight
I'll sit in the corner
No one can bother me
I think I should speak now (why won't you talk to me)
I can't seem to speak now (you never talk to me)
My words won't come out right (what are you thinking)
I feel like I'm drowning (What are you feeling)
I'm feeling weak now (why won't you talk to me)
But I can't show my weakness (you never talk to me)
I sometimes wonder (what are you thinking)
Where do we go from here (what are you feeling)

It doesn't have to be like this
All we need to do is make sure we keep talking

Why won't you talk to me (I feel like I'm drowning)
You never talk to me (you know I can't breathe now)
What are you thinking (we're going nowhere)
What are you feeling (we're going nowhere)
Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking
Where do we go from here

It doesn't have to be like this
All we need to do is make sure we keep talking

POLES APART
(know many people I can sing this song too...and haunt! hehe)

Did you know...it was all going to go so wrong for you
And did you see it was all going to be so right for me
Why did we tell you then
You were always the golden boy then

And that you'd never lose that light in your eyes

Hey you...did you ever realise what you'd become
And did you see that it wasn't only me you were running from
Did you know all the time but it never bothered you anyway
Leading the blind while I stared out the steel in your eyes

The rain fell slow, down on all the roofs of uncertainty
I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me

And did you know...
I never thought that you'd lose that light in your eyes

3 comments:

The Wandering Hermit said...

yes i love to listen to this album when theres a light rain falling..the sky overcast a dim gloom settling over me,...takes me places then this one does...

overall I love ANIMALS and LIVE IN POMPEI*VIDEO of Floyd the most...
Echoes being one of my fav songs of all times
cheers
z

Wanderer said...

oh yes! the others will follow soon... stuff like 'animals', 'wish you were here' and more.... :)

White Magpie said...

Pink Floyd!! Anything said about them is less. I've got almost all of their videos from the 70s till date. What a band and how they have graduated from psychedelia to mainstream. Left nothing untouched. Love listening to Sorrow and Lost for Words.