Thursday, May 11, 2006

A high spirit am i....

A weekend plus beginning of the week and a weekend back in Mumbai... may these days never end! :)

Was a chilled out weekend as saturday night was spent at Red Box in Bandra (where Fluid/Golden Orchid was) with A and S (loves of my life, one from mumbai and the other from delhi)... some yum pasta and just abt ok pizza, with a nice bottle of le vino to drench our poor parched ‘alcohol-free for months’ throats... and of course me being the lucky soul who got gifts galore (oh! how I love these two for it...tee hee!) and was fabulously entertained too with the back n forth 'sweet' namecalling that these two always do to each other... went on to see Pink Panther- and we rolled with laughter!!!!!!!!!
I so specially found the scene where the two camouflage themselves and then dance later, really cool! A late nightcap after the movie saw us bringing in ‘A’s’ birthday and us cutting the pastry on carter road, hanging on and singing till 2am, creating oneliners of poems- each contributing a line… waah waah! (VERY SERIOUSLY SAID, MIND YOU!)… dahlinggs A & S, don’t mind me putting up our stuff, but I had to…
Yellow moon over the sea’ (me)
‘Gliding the waves as far as I can see’ (S)
‘Bringing tranquility to you and me’
‘Wishing it could last an eternity’……..
…..’Exercise Regularly’


(giggle)

Sitting beneath a carpet of stars (S)
Wondering if there’s life on mars (me)
Past the hush noise of eavesdropping cars (S)
Wouldn’t I like unlocking nature’s jars! (A)
I wonder, how much chocolate goes in making 2 bars? (me)


Were we drunk or were we drunk… in the magic of the moonlit sea…I guess it was also within each other…."I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."... Oh! But you know, when the going gets on and the company is great, another bottle of wine does wonders to the soul, ain’t it??? ;) Which is what we did… drink wine and be merry….till the wee hours of the morn hearing a pesky koel trying to wake those who wanted to sleep…us!

The next morn was too kool. A hurried breakfast and off we went to see Ice Age 2 at the new PVR theatre in Juhu. I abs loved the movie (liked the first one better….) then browsed thru at Crossword and ogled at Twinkle Khanna (what amazing skin!!!!) and more at her son (light eyes, handsome face….damn cute! Pity he’s still a kid!)…. And then an afternoon siesta.... snoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (aah bliss! off to dream land...)

Evening, S and I browsed some more, this time Oxford at Churchgate. I bought some real cool books…two of them almost sounding similar and are to an extent like each other… all about food, sensuality and seducing! Voila, men beware! If you like what I cook, you are the one next on the hook! ;)

The long nice drive back home (was picked up by sis, jiju and nephew and to cut traffic we went from the inner roads past the dockyards and the industrial shed areas) was jolted when my nephew asked. ‘why are we passing through a gaon?’. And we were like ‘huh! Yeh kya bol raha hai?’…. and he continued, ‘…there are lots of trees here na, no buildings, all small small ones…’. From a 5-year old’s keen observation, it is apparent that the urbane life has no place for nature…. And this young generation will grow up on this sad premise that cities have only cement matchboxes piled high, and trees and low-rise structures are meant to be for the villagers!

An irony to the night before and earlier afternoon where we were free souls abandoned by the clutches of responsibilities and so blissfully unaware that Mumbai is still a gaon in places(yay!)…. Thank god for small mercies!
I follow the night
Can't stand the light
When will I begin to live again
One day I'll fly away
Leave all this to yesterday
What more could your love do for me
When will love be through with me
Why live life from dream to dream
And dread the day when dreaming ends
One day I'll fly away
Leave all this to yesterday
Why live life from dream to dreamA
nd dread the day when dreaming ends
One day I'll fly away
Fly fly away...
ok... the Loony Moon is signing off now. Esp as it's her time to be ''all grown up''...and she'll be back with more gory details once this weekend is done...;)
Till then...universes of love, laughter and magic (with some silver fairy dust too) wished for you! Ta!

2 comments:

ruta said...

my spirit soars when i read ur blog..good going swt hrt

Wanderer said...

:) thanks Ruticks! (SMILEEEE!)