Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A shower of love....

Yesterday- 30th May- was a wonderful day! Not only was it the birthday of one my closest, bestest and one of the most loved person (M), but to commemorate the celebrations- it rained... actually, it poured! :)
It began at 12.15 am till the wee hours in the morning and then poured really heavily from 6pm onwards... we happened to go see the Da Vinci Code (more on that in my next post) and when we got out, the heavens were pouring down...
So much so that every turn we took on our bike, the rain seemed to follow us strongly there...and just when we thought we managed to avoid it, we'd be suddenly drenched face-on! But I really loved it...was so much fun! And I love Pune in the rains...feels like a hill station with cool breeze (a respite from the sweltering heat of 40 degrees!) and overcast sky.... :) ... Now's the perfect time for that cuppa o'hot chocolate and warm razais! hehe.
Like I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts, it was a sign... otherwise why would it rain only when M's birthday would begin... like it happened on saturday night, when I was sitting on Carter Road, Mumbai and praying hard that it would rain as apparantly I had happened to miss it when it had drizzled earlier that week in Pune as well as Mumbai. And just then, only for those few mins (from the time I sat on carter road till I got into a rick- roughly 15 mins) it rained, as if my wishes were being answered! And since I happened to be with a friend whom I always associate the rain with(during our most upsetting moments or the best, it has rained - that too unexpectedly and not even during the season), it was even more a sign from the heavens above!
Ok, now for some few lines I had penned on the rain - different times, different moods...
***********************************
Tilt my head up and feel it on my face,
lips and tongue...
rain that falls through soft laden clouds
Love that pours from the sky...
(sigh)
that it blows the mind...
oh!
what a glorious high!
***********************************
Pitter Patter goes the reggendrupple softly
on the sleeping leaves
Darting and jumping over roofs merrily
with wind-clad hoofs....
Hark! Say the birds,
don't disturb us so,
Let the song and dance accompany
the ones on their way home...
***********************************
Red sky night and a yellow moon...
Hear the call of a distant lune.
Love calls as a longing sigh,
as raindrops trickle
on my face from yonder high....
***********************************

7 comments:

Blue Athena said...

Oh yes! The rains!!! :))

I celebrated it too.

Φ said...

brilliantly captured

Menagerie said...

love the rains! although I heard it's pretty bad in Mumbai.

Yet rain for me signifies, dancing, hot pakoras and chai and a couch with a lovely movie, if lucky cuddled up next to someone close!

± said...

rains.
pakoras.
enigma playing in the background.
and then a solitay walk.

It's been raining here and almost everyday i play with the kids in my apartment block splashing and all... good fun.
nice post.
happy birthday m...

Hazel Dream said...

hmm Spring and rain ... they are like mirror we can see ourself .. winter and Summer they are plain glass

Wanderer said...

* Blue: :))... Bombay really got a good shower this time!

* Φ : obrigado muito muito m'sieur! :) (pardon the mixed languages...)

* Menagerie: mmmm... ;)

* Harjee: Enigma- one of my faves!Yep, their music goes really well with the mood of the rains... a walk or a long drive too would do listening to them... What do you play? Cricket or Football or just splashing in the mud? :) Thanks for the wishes for M.

* Hazel: Not always... the seasons change us and we change with the seasons accordingly...then it can be the freshness of spring, the warmth of summer, the madness of the monsoons or the quiet shimmer of the winters...

Hazel Dream said...

Well Dear I dont agree to it. We never change .. seasons come and go , we remain same ... ruled by Lust , Love , hate , anger and all the emotions which makes us.