Tuesday, May 09, 2006

FOR YOU, MY DEAREST POOH!

"How do you do Nothing?" asked Pooh.
"Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it,
`What are you going to do, Christopher Robin?'
and you say, `Oh, nothing'
and then you go and do it.
It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."
.............................................
"I'm not going to do Nothing any more." "Never again?" "Well, not so much. They don't let you."
********************************************************************
How can you get very far,
If you don’t know Who You Are?
How can you do what you ought,
If you don’t know What You’ve Got?
And if don’t know Which To Do
Of all the things in front of you,
Then what you’ll have when you are through
Is just a mess without a clue
Of all the best that can come true
If you know What and Which and Who
- The wise way from the 'Tao of Pooh'
***********************************************************
Cottleston Cottleston Cottleston Pie,
A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly.
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston Cottleston Cottleston Pie.
Cottleston Cottleston Cottleston Pie,
Why does a chicken?
I don't know why.
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston Cottleston Cottleston Pie.
Cottleston Cottleston Cottleston Pie,
A fish can't whistle and neither can I.
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston Cottleston Cottleston Pie.
************************************************************

"You can't stay in your corner of the forest, waiting for others to come to you; you have to go to them sometimes."
Winnie the PoohPiglet, Pooh's Little Instruction Book
********************************************************
“Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you”
- Winnie The Pooh
*************************************************************
“When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you sometimes find that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.”


"Pooh, promise you won't forget about me, ever. Not even when I'm a hundred." Pooh thought for a little. "How old shall I be then?" "Ninety-nine." Pooh nodded. "I promise," he said.
***************************************************
"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

***********************************************************************
Piglet sidled up behind Pooh. "Pooh," he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
*******************************************************


"Some people care too much, I think it's called love...."
Winnie the Pooh
********************************************
The Pooh Song
On Monday, when the sun is hot I wonder to myself a lot:
Now is it true, or is it not,
That what is which and which is what?
On Tuesday, when it hails and snows
The feeling on me grows and grows
That hardly anybody knows
If those are these or these are those.
On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
And I have nothing else to do, I
sometimes wonder if it's true
That who is what and what is who.
On Thursday, when it starts to freeze
And hoar-frost twinkles on the trees,
How very readily one sees
That these are whose-
but whose are these?
On Friday- (nt complete becos of an interruption by kanga)
*************************************************************
Us Two
Wherever I am, there's always Pooh,
There's always Pooh and Me.
Whatever I do, he wants to do,
"Where are you going today?" says Pooh:
"Well, that's very odd 'cos I was too.
Let's go together," says Pooh, says he.
"Let's go together," says Pooh.
"What's twice eleven?" I said to Pooh,
("Twice what?" said Pooh to Me.)
"I think it ought to be twenty-two."
"Just what I think myself," said Pooh.
"It wasn't an easy sum to do,
But that's what it is," said Pooh, said he.
"That's what it is," said Pooh.
"Let's look for dragons," I said to Pooh.
"Yes, let's," said Pooh to Me.
We crossed the river and found a few -
"Yes, those are dragons all right," said Pooh.
"As soon as I saw their beaks I knew.
That's what they are," said Pooh, said he.
"That's what they are," said Pooh.
"Let's frighten the dragons." I said to Pooh.
"That's right," said Pooh to Me.
"I'm not afraid," I said to Pooh,
And I held his paw and I shouted , "Shoo!
Silly old dragons!" - and off they flew.
"I wasn't afraid," said Pooh, said he,
"I'm never afraid with you."
So wherever I am, there's always Pooh,
There's always Pooh and Me.
"What would I do?" I said to Pooh,
"If it wasn't for you," and Pooh said: "True,
It isn't much fun for One, but Two
Can stick together," says Pooh, says he.
"That's how it is," says Pooh.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

starry said...

"Some people care too much, I think it's called love...."I like that.I am a Pooh fan also

Anonymous said...

The Pooh Song totally took me for a ride in who's and which's and what's and these :)

Lovely rhythm and poetry. Crazy Winnie the Pooh!!

Blue Athena said...

This is just so lovely. :))

Dewaker Basnet said...

very different one...positively...an architect's way of presentation is it..liked your blog.will keep on bumming henceforth...somethig just made me smile..dont know what..will let u know if i do figure it out:)

thaks for passing by my blog:)

Wanderer said...

* Starr: yay! May our tribe increase...(he's my abs fave character- along with peter pan) yes, i love that line too... :)

* Gaurav: Hey buddy...don't go riding too far! And if you liked this- try reading the Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff...welcome and enjoy the world with this sweetest bear with little brain! :))))

* Blue: All thanks to the author A.A.Milne! He's managed to capture all emotions and with them, us too.

* Dewakar : Thanks for the compliments! ('blushing with glee!) Yes, do let me know what made u smile... tho if its after reading Pooh, I would say, thats what he does to all of us. There's a lil of Pooh in us all...

The Wandering Hermit said...

Hey there,
Thanks for stopping by and commenting...appreciate it... and please do visit agaim..

I will confess that I never liked Winnie the Pooh!! somehow I couldn't stomach that name it always reminded me of Poo *well the less said about that , the better...
cheers
z

Wanderer said...

In the first chapter of 'Winnie the Pooh', Milne writes the following about Pooh's name;
When I first heard his name, I said, just as you are going to say, "But I thought he was a boy?"
"So did I," said Christopher Robin.
"Then you can't call him Winnie?"
"I don't"
"But you said..."
"He's 'Winnie-ther-Pooh'. Don't you know what 'ther means?"
"Ah yes, now I do," I said quickly; and I hope you do too, because it is all the explanation you are going to get.

Winnie the Pooh was actually named after two of Christopher Robin's favourite animals, Winnie a small black bear and Pooh a Swan.
A.A.Milne explains that Pooh was "a very fine name for a Swan, because if you call him and he doesn't come (which is a thing Swans are good at), then you can pretend that you were just saying 'Pooh' to show how little you wanted him".
Bec a bear with little brain is always pooh-poohed.
Zofo= hope that changes ur opinion! :)

adi said...

How can you get very far,
If you don’t know Who You Are?
How can you do what you ought,
If you don’t know What You’ve Got.

very true.

i liked the lines and the deep meaning hidden.